Follow Me On Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Shower Pinning (part 2) - Motor Cycle Diaper "Cake"

Another SUCCESS!!!

After lots, and lots, and LOTS of pinning, I found an awesome twist on the over done diaper cake. A DIAPER MOTORCYCLE! Super adorable, and super easy. Truly a wonderful gift for a mother to be. Sadly, the original pin lead to an amazon.com website. I had to find a tutorial to help me out. This blogger did an AMAZING job. I just followed all of her steps.

The Supplies: (I don't know why the picture loaded sideways, sorry)
          * Pampers Swaddlers Size 1 (40 pack, but you only need 34) - $9.49
          * Baby bottle - $5.49
          * Receiving blankets (only need 2, but this pack of 4 matched my theme) - $9.99
          * Bibs (only need 2, but this pack of 3 matched my theme) - $8.99
          * Infant socks - $1.00
          * Ribbon - $2.00 (on sale)
          * Rubber bands - $0.50
Supplies I had at home and needed:
         * 8" cake pan
         * paper towel roll (see I did need it after all)
         * pins


I followed her instructions to the T. Her steps were broken down easily, clearly, and in lay man's terms. 
It was a bit tricky getting the diapers to line up, just right, but I got it.
I didn't take pictures of EVERY SINGLE step, because I feel if anyone wants to do this, they can click on the original link. She totally gets the credit for this incredible idea.



TADA!!! My creation completed! Sans stuffed animal. It's not very easy to find a dinosaur plush.
I am just TICKLED at how it came out.
I had some left over supplies, so I made a diaper bouquet topped with Oreo pops for the mom to be.

Baby shower decor complete. The beautiful corsage was not made by me. I cheated, and ordered it online from a wonderful little Etsy shop. Check her out!!! 

So that makes two Pinterest ideas completed in one day, and both were a success!!! 
My kids want to keep the motorcycle, they don't want me to give it to my friend. LoL. My love couldn't stop praising my good work. And I can't stop patting myself on the back. I'm so glad there are other alternatives to the "diaper cake". Next.... I'll try the Diaper Carriage or Diaper Airplane.

G'night ya'll!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment