Follow Me On Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pulled pork - Pinterest success


The other day, my daughter asked me what "Pulled pork" was. I gave her my best description and she asked if I could make it. Naturally, I turned to Pinterest for a recipe. I found this recipe and gave it my best shot. This blogger used diet soda, and due to my sensitivity to aspartame I used a regular soda. Dr. Pepper, because that's what was in the fridge. And, it rocks. I also used a different seasoned salt. Our good friend's family makes all kinds of seasonings, sauces and jerky; so we always have some of Krenek's Bohemian All Purpose Seasoning. (They don't have a website, but some of their stuff can be found here)
This was a very simple recipe and it came out great. A little salty, less seasoning next time.  But the meat was extremely tender and juicy. The man gave it two thumbs up. The girl child said it was delicious. And they boys, well, they're boys and not so picky. I can never get an unbiased verdict from them.

The Ingredients:

Generously coat the pork with all purpose seasoning. Although, next time I'll use less

 Add half the bottle of soda (6 oz). And half a bottle of bar-b-que sauce. This family LOVES Sweet Baby Rays, and I just happened to have a full bottle at home.

Cook on LOW setting, in crock pot for 4-5 hours. Or until the internal meat temperature reaches at least 160* .


I could have SWORN I took an after picture. But alas, I cannot find one. It is possible, I completely forgot to take one with the chaos that always ensues at dinner time. Dinner time for four kids and a grown man (sometimes), can be quite the challenge. I served the pulled pork in different ways. One child wanted a sandwich, one wanted an open faced sandwich, one wanted it with a slice of bread on the side, and one just wanted the meat - no bread; with a side of homemade coleslaw and grilled corn on the cob. Dinner was a success.

Thanks Pinterest, for another success story!

1 comment: