Follow Me On Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Crock pot chicken wings - PinFail

Well........ It was bound to happen, right? A Pinterest fail. It wasn't an epic failure, but I was slightly disappointed. (Why can't my computer auto correct like my iPhone or iPad?) Today, Aaron was on-call, so going out to eat was down the drain. I had a bag of chicken wings ("Little Chickens" the boys call 'em) and decided to try a new pin. I grabbed my iPad, searched on Pinterest, and found a recipe that called for stuff I already had on hand. Today was definitely NOT a grocery shopping day. I found this.The picture was taste bud friendly, seriously. Take a look. It was simple, had very few ingredients, and took no time at all.                                                                  *Sigh* 

So here we go:
Little Chickens
Soy Sauce
Honey
Garlic
Green Onions (I grow my own, comes in very handy!)
Oil
*Ginger - the only ingredient I left out because I never buy it, and never cook with it

 I always, prep my chicken by washing it thoroughly in cold water. I don't know why. It's just something my mother always told me to do. Korean women, we will NEVER understand their logic. But no matter the case, whenever I'm about to cook chicken, I can hear my mother saying, "You gotta washing the chickens real good. Making sure all bloods is gone." (Of course in her accent). So I do. After I washed them I cut them. I separate the drumette from the wingette (yeah, I totally googled it), and throw away the wing tip. The little claw on the end just grosses me out.
 I threw all the ingredients in the crock pot, as directed, sans ginger. 

The recipe said to cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Well, 5 hours later I had this mess. Don't get me wrong, it smelled absolutely incredible. However, it was extremely visually unappealing.  It was soupy and I had chicken bits floating around. My concoction is the top picture. The misleading picture is below. See the fail?
Crock Pot Chicken Wings. Photo by kiwidutch 
The flavor was not as expected. It was slightly tasteless. I served it with a side of steamed white rice and green beans. The man thought it was good. The boys said it was good, but again I was pretty dissatisfied with the turn out. Next time, I think I'll play with the ingredients add more honey and or soy sauce and definitely more garlic. Needless to say, I will NOT be recommending this recipe to anyone.

Thanks for reading!! :) 
Little chickens OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment