Follow Me On Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 3, 2012

Pin...wha??? How do you use pinterest?

I had a few friends ask me how to use Pinterest, and what is an easier way to explain than in pictures?? I love love love PicMonkey to help create picture masterpieces. These are NOT masterpieces, but I will post a blog about a baby shower invitation I "made" using PicMonkey. It's like having paint shop, without paying out the wazoo for a program. And seriously, I think I'm becoming a blogging junkie. Any excuse to blog, I do. :)

So my friends, here's how you participate in my guilty pleasure...... it's addicting, beware!!

Once you log in, you should be taken to this page. When you find a PIN you like, hover over the picture and you will see the three buttons: REPIN, LIKE, COMMENT. Simply click which button tickles your fancy.

 If you click REPIN, a window like this will pop up. Select the board (category) you would like to PIN this to.


 Once you have selected a board, "Pin" it!
 I love pinterest so much, because it's like an online "hope chest". I can find things I like online and group them all together in one place. It's easy to access and so much better than having a MILLION bookmarks on your browser.


Now, if you are surfing the 'net and see something you'd like to save, you can PIN it! You  need to install the PIN button on your browser bar. Somewhere in your account settings you can do this.

In this example I googled "Chore charts".
I found the site I liked, and opened it up.  Along my browser bar, I have a "Pin It" button. If you've found what you like, PIN it.
 Another screen will pop up, that allows you to choose which thumbnail you would like to use for your pin. Select the thumbnail you like, then click the "Pin It" that hovers over the picture.
 Finally, this screen will pop up. Use the drop down arrow, to select the board you would like to pin to. Add a brief description or whatever, and PIN IT.


TADA! That's about as clear as mud right? HAPPY PINNING!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Pinwords is a really basic tool, but it’s great if you want to quickly make an image from a quote and add it to your Pinterest account. Pinstamatic actually lets you create a whole bunch of items to add to your Pinterest boards including website snapshots, pins of Twitter profiles and Spotify tracks that you can pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinwords is a really basic tool, but it’s great if you want to quickly make an image from a quote and add it to your Pinterest account. Pinstamatic actually lets you

    create a whole bunch of items to add to your Pinterest boards including website snapshots, pins of Twitter profiles and Spotify tracks that you can pin.

    ReplyDelete